Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blueberry Basil Popsicles

The blueberries here have been amazingly tempting and bursting with flavor. Some of the blogs I’ve been reading about include fruit in making ice cream…and since I have no blender or ice cream freezer, I needed a food creation project not too overwhelming.



Welcome Popsicles!


There is so many things a singleton can accomplish with a small food chopper. It has one blade. Two Speeds. Pretty Simple. And since I tend to complicate most things in my life, I somewhat like the lack of kitchen ware I have.



The taste is so superb! Full of flavor, and the basil gives it a slice of spice.


Told you I like to complicate things!

Here's the recipe

  • fresh or frozen blueberries (I used a cup)

  • one lemon, peeled
  • Lemon rind, from one quarter of the lemon
  • One Cup of Water
  • a bit of sugar (I used about 3 tablespoons)
  • 5 sprigs fresh basil

    Blend up lemon first, then add the rind
    Add the blueberries, slowly add the water
    Add sugar, pulse on low
    Add the Basil

Easy, peezy… pour into 8 molds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
PhD in clinical psychology. Single. Pushing 30. Suffering Whiplash from the Roaming 20s...Who am I? What do I want? Where do I belong? Welcome to my self-induced treatment, a testament that we can all be a little crazy in our search for significance.